[ | | | | ]
Clay Collins is the founder of , the company behind and LeadPlayer, two tools that are fast becoming the go-to-standards when it comes to collecting leads online with video and landing pages.
This interview is epic in terms of how many things Clay talks about. He was a home schooled child, a founder of a software company at 15, a college grad and PhD student with published papers, became a social media expert in particular with during its heyday, a niche marketer, and a lifestyle design blogger and coach.
In more recent years he has become known as an expert at conducting prelaunches, in particular how you can determine market demand and even make sales of your product before you create it.
Clay eventually became tired of the information marketing world and wanted to sink his teeth into something potentially much bigger, and hence Leadbrite was born.
Do You Focus On What You Are Good At?
One of the most interesting things that surfaced during this interview, is how Clay eventually realised by focusing on his strengths, rather than spending time developing his weaknesses, was the path to not only greater financial success, but also personal enjoyment.
Although he jumped from different things, many of which didn’t pan out how he wanted them to, he was always moving closer to the kind of business that he knew he could commit to long term.
Today with Leadbrite, he’s in charge of a company that leverages his passion and has the potential upside that keeps Clay motivated to achieve more.
If you have ever struggled jumping from project to project, or struggled with learning disabilities or just can’t find something that feels right, this is a must-listen to interview.
The Clay Collins Story
- Clay opens his story talking about his grandfather’s citrus farm business and how that inspired him to be his own boss
- As a 15 year old, Clay drops out of highschool to start a software company during the dot com boom, with a partner who raised $120,000 in angel funding
- After the software company closes, Clay completes his college degree in psychology, which led to a PhD in learning disabilities, something that Clay personally experienced growing up
- Clay explains how he entered the world of internet marketing as a social media consultant, blogger, speaker and eventually a niche marketer and coach
- Connecting with Jeff Walker, Clay goes on to do a big launch talking about his techniques for prelaunching products online
- We end the interview with a review of how all of these experiences shaped Clay and lead him to what he does today as the founder of a software startup that is driven by what he learned as an internet marketer
Relevant Links Mentioned in this Interview
Where to Find Clay Online
[ | | | | ]